tHAT'S a mOUTHFUL. wE CALL IT LUCSA.
LUCSA is a local food CSA delivered to your door, throughout the city of Chicago.
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is when a person becomes a supporting member of a farm. Our CSA members receive a weekly delivery of seasonal, fresh produce and organic eggs from our own farms as well as other farms in the Midwest that we partner with to bring you more variety, and them more business.
However, it's not only other local farmers that we partner with. Something that makes us unique among CSAs in Chicago is that we also collaborate with other good food businesses in Chicago to provide you with a well rounded box of food, while supporting other local businesses and growing the local food movement in the process. Our CSA includes kombucha from our neighbor-brewer, bread or granola from nearby bakers, coffee from the roaster down the street and other interesting produce and products. We call it the Local Unified CSA because we collaborate with others in our locality to bring you this interesting and diverse weekly CSA.
Learn more about Winter LUCSA 2018 with this single page flyer!, and from the testimonials below!
HAVE QUESTIONS? Email LUCSA@theurbancanopy.org Check out our FAQ!
READY TO BE PART OF THE LOCAL FOOD SYSTEM WITH LUCSA? Then please fill out the form below the testimonials.
LUCSA Member Testimonials
"I can honestly say that this 14-week experience has changed my life in ways I couldn't have imagined. My roommates saw me enjoying cooking for the first time in the years we have lived together... Before this experience, I never would have cooked for or even with someone else: I didn't trust my "skills" and worried about getting too stressed. Now I know the only "skills" I need are curiosity, creativity, and compassion -- and I've practiced all of those with LUCSA... Now I know that I have the capacity to feel joy from food. I wasn't expecting this, but I'm elated to carry it with me." - Liz J
- “(My favorite part was) knowing that I would have great produce, and meals planned out all for me without the headache of trying to find out what is fresh at the moment.” Rob G.
- (My favorite part of LUCSA was) “Not having to grocery shop for produce... being a part of something meaningful. Feeling good about the food I buy and economy I'm supporting. But, more specifically, the interesting variety of vegetables that forced me to learn how to cook in new ways.” Sarah A.
- “I brag about my CSA to everyone! It's the best! Amazing goodies, delivered straight to your door, with a smile every time. WILL BE BACK FOR YEARS TO COME!” May T.
- "We have been participating in CSAs for 5 years now and LUCSA has been our favorite by far ! The produce is high quality and varied - so we never end up with too much ... and therefore never waste anything... It is so much fun trying the different items and we love opening up our box each week! It’s an ingenious design for a CSA and we’re so happy we discovered it."
- “The best part of participating in LUCSA is sharing the experience with our children and educating them on sustainability. Whether it was introducing them to daikon radishes for the first time, or staying up late to make fresh tomato sauce, we couldn't have been happier with our shares.” Peter B.
WE ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN FOR THE WINTER CSA SEASON! Fill out the form below to apply for a spot, and receive info about our 2018 winter LUCSA! The winter season includes 14 weeks worth of local food, beginning in November and ending in February. We offer full shares (weekly deliveries) & half shares (biweekly deliveries). The cost for full shares breaks down to $42/share if you’re able to pay in full by November 1st (application form below!)