Friends, family, colleagues, acquaintances, etc.,
We here at The Urban Canopy are happy to announce that we are registered to accept loans through a crowd-funded micro-lending service called Kiva Zip. Kiva is the first and largest micro-lending service in the world, and has distributed 658 million dollars over 10 years, in 85 different countries, among 1.5 million small businesses. We are currently in a private fundraising period, during which our goal is to get at least 75 lenders to lend to us in 15 days (by January 27th, 2015!).
During private fundraising, for every new Kiva Zip lender that we invite through this link (click here) Kiva Zip will match the loan up to $100, effectively doubling your loan.
The funds from this loan will go towards our outdoor farming operations here in Chicago, and will help us purchase very expensive items like soil and vans. Farmers are repaying lenders at a repayment rate of 96%, which is higher than the average repayment rate of 90%.
We would like to ask you to lend us as little as $5 dollars (which you will get back!) so that we can progress to the public lending period, when anyone will be able to lend to us. If you would like to support us, please follow the step-by-step instructions listed here. Thanks for your support, we greatly appreciate you!
- Click the following link: https://zip.kiva.org/loans/10020/i/dq4 (this link is specific to The Urban Canopy, you must use this link!)
- Select the amount you would like to lend in the panel on the right-hand side
- Click the orange “Lend Now” button
- Click the white “Register” button
- Click the orange “Register” button
- You should be redirected back to your checkout basket. Confirm the amount and click “Checkout”
- Choose to “Pay with your PayPal account” or “Pay with a debit or credit card”
- Fill out your payment information and click the orange “Pay” at the bottom of the page